
My new toys came in the mail last night!!! It is actually a hobby called "
reborning" or "reborn doll". It is where you take vinyl doll pieces and paint them to look like a real life baby. I have only done one before as it costs around $200 to do a doll. I am doing this one for my mom. She picked out the doll
sculp (Paige by Tasha
Edenholm) that she wanted and unfortunately it has been out of stock since May. I received an email on Friday that the
sculp was back in stock. I ordered it Friday night and it was delivered yesterday. I am impressed with Bountiful Baby's fast shipping. This time I am going to do a different technique than I used on my first doll. The first doll I did you painted mostly the inside of the doll with a purple wash to give it the look of real skin. This time I will be using heat set paints and you paint the outside of the body and then cure it in the oven. I am also going to hand root the hair where on my first doll I used a wig. I am super stoked about getting started. I know I will push off the organizing project in order to work on the doll. Here is a picture of the doll completed by someone else. I hope mine turns out somewhat like this. You may not be able to see the detail very well here. If you are interested in seeing more you can go to
http://www.bountifulbaby.com/ or do a
google search on reborn dolls.

Some people make these and sell them. I don't think I could ever part with one that I did - outside of family. I have seen them on
ebay going between $300-1000!!
Last night I babysat my nieces while waiting for my sister and brother-in-laws flight to get in from Mexico. I read the manual that I purchased with my
reborning supplies and then watched some of the Olympics. I got ticked off when
Nastia did not win the gold in gymnastics. I think the gymnastics is rigged. The announcers even said
Nastia did a far better and cleaner routine yet the Chinese won the gold. In the
USA's mind we know
Nastia was the winner.
I got home at about ten till 1:00AM. I considered not even going to bed at all as I knew I would have a hard time getting up this morning after going to bed so late. But I actually did pretty good this morning so I am proud of myself.
1 comment:
I clicked onto the link and thought some of those babies looked SCARY! But I am SURE yours are MUCH CUTER!
Post a Comment